Top Posts & Pages
- THE DILUTE GENE IN LABRADOR RETRIEVERS - HEALTH PROBLEMS AND BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS
- DILUTE BREEDERS AND THE NUVET KICKBACK SCHEME
- Analysis of the 'silver'Labrador population - update 2015
- Labrador Quiz - Find the "Lab" with the AKC pedigree
- Who is Dean Crist (Crist Culo Kennels) ?
- DNA test for the dilute (dd) locus - It's here, it can be done!
- ALL DILUTES COME FROM TWO KELLOGG'S DOGS
- American Labrador Retriever -- A New Breed?
- DUTCH kennel club bans breeding "SILVER labradors"
- Acquiring A Labrador Retriever - Some Facts To Consider
Just Say No To Silvers
Monthly Archives: January 2014
No, these dogs are not Weimaraner mixes, at least not according to the American Kennel Club (AKC). These dogs have pedigrees from the American Kennel Club, stating that they are purebred chocolate Labrador Retrievers. “We register Silver Labradors as chocolate … Continue reading
Founded in 1899 by L.E. Kellogg and Harold E. Kellogg, Kellogg’s kennels are believed to be responsible for bringing the first Labrador Retrievers west of the Mississippi River. Mayo Kellogg, the ‘founding father of the American pointing lab’ introduced … Continue reading
Many breeders of dilutes (“silver”, “charcoal” or “champagne” dogs) are trying to get purebred Labrador blood into their lines. They will try to buy a puppy from you, or have their dilute-factored (dilute carrying) bitches mated by your purebred stud … Continue reading
If you think the only difference between a purebred Labrador Retriever and a dilute dog with an invalid Labrador pedigree is coat color, then you better think again. Coat color genes seldom travel alone. Studies of dilutes and their history … Continue reading
The “NO To “Silvers” Petition The Director of Genetics & Research of the Council for Purebred Labrador Retrievers (CPLR), a shady bunch of people who breed dilute (dd) mutts and call them “purebred Labradors”, is also the owner of Phantom … Continue reading
The so-called ‘Council for Purebred Labrador Retrievers’ is misleading the public, because they advocate and promote the breeding of dilutes, carrying the dd-gene, which is alien to purebred Labradors. Since dogs carrying the dd-gene can’t be purebred Labradors, this is … Continue reading
Only 24 hours after the petition was published, more than 400 people from all over the world have signed it. The Eastern States of the USA are doing fine, and so is Alberta (Canada). Spread the word, guys! 🙂 … Continue reading